Lieutenant Colonel Donald W. Davenport is the Commander, 191st Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Selfridge Air National Guard Base, Michigan. His responsibilities include leading a 62 personnel squadron that provides direct Maintenance Generation Network support by consolidating and executing on-equipment activities necessary to produce properly configured, mission ready KC-135T aircraft to meet contingency and training mission requirements.
Lieutenant Colonel Davenport was commissioned in 2003 through the Academy of Military Science (AMS) at McGhee-Tyson ANGB, Tennessee. After graduating Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training (SUPT) at Naval Air Station Corpus Christi, Texas in 2005, he served as a C-130E Mobility Pilot with the 171st Airlift Squadron, Selfridge Air National Guard Base, Michigan.
Lieutenant Colonel Davenport is a Distinguished Graduate from the KC-135 Pilot Initial Qualification course and has flown numerous operational missions in the Pacific, European, and South American theaters. In addition, he has deployed in support of Operations Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, Inherent Resolve, and Freedom Sentinel. In 2018, Lieutenant Colonel Davenport deployed as Director of Operations, 506th Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron. During the two month deployment to Andersen AFB, Guam, he oversaw the planning and execution of KC-135 missions supporting the Continuous Bomber Presence and Theater Security Package in the United States Indo-Pacific Command’s Area of Responsibility.
Lieutenant Colonel Davenport served as the 127th Wing, Nuclear Crisis Action Team Director and the 127th Wing Command Post, Officer-in-Charge. Prior to his current assignment, Lieutenant Colonel Davenport was the Director of Operations, 171st Air Refueling Squadron, Selfridge ANGB, Michigan.
2001 Bachelor of Science, Aviation Flight Science, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Mich.
2004 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Master of Science in Administration, Public Administration Concentration, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, Mich.
2015 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1. July 2004 – August 2005, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 14th Flying Training Wing, Columbus AFB, Miss, Training Air Wing Four, NAS Corpus Christi, Texas.
2. August 2005 – February 2006, C-130 Pilot Initial Qualification, Little Rock AFB, Arkansas.
3. February 2006 – September 2007, C-130E Pilot, 171st Airlift Squadron, Selfridge ANGB, Mich.
4. October 2007 – February 2008, KC-135 Pilot Initial Qualification, Altus AFB, Oklahoma.
5. February 2008 – June 2011, KC-135R/T Pilot, Scheduling Officer, 171st Air Refueling Squadron, Selfridge ANGB, Mich.
6. June 2011 – June 2013, Plans Officer, 127th Air Refueling Group, Selfridge ANGB, Mich.
7. June 2013 – April 2015, Training Officer, 171st Air Refueling Squadron, Selfridge ANGB, Mich.
8. April 2015 – April 2016, Chief of Current Operations, 127th Air Refueling Group, Selfridge ANGB, Mich.
9. April 2016 – April 2017, Chief of Standardization and Evaluations, 127th Air Refueling Group, Selfridge ANGB, Mich.
10. April 2017 – May 2018, Chief of Plans, 127th Air Refueling Group, Selfridge ANGB, Mich.
11. April 2018 – October 2020, Nuclear Crisis Action Team Director, 127th Wing, Selfridge ANGB, Mich.
12. November 2018 – October 2019, Officer-in-Charge, 127th Wing Command Post, Selfridge ANGB, Mich.
13. May 2018 – July 2020, Director of Operations, Instructor/Evaluator Pilot, 171st Air Refueling Squadron, Selfridge ANGB, Mich.
14. July 2020 – Present, Commander, 191st Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Selfridge ANGB. Mich.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 3,000 hours, including 803 combat hours
Aircraft Flown: T-37, TC-12, C-130E/H, KC-135R/T
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Medal with four Oak Leaf Clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster
Meritorious Unit Award with Oak Leaf Cluster
AF Outstanding Unit Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Airlift Tanker Association
Board Member, Tuskegee Airmen National Museum
Civil Air Patrol Detroit 100th Composite Squadron
National Guard Association of Michigan
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant September 26, 2003
First Lieutenant September 26, 2005
Captain September 26, 2007
Major November 15, 2012
Lieutenant Colonel November 6, 2018